When I started with Varnish 3, one of things that help me to research is discover how execute Varnish 3 on debug mode.
I don’t know if the before version has got this option but this mode is great for research.
The command it is:
# /usr/sbin/varnishd -F -f /etc/varnish/default.vcl -u varnish -g varnish -a :81 -n test_instance -s file,/tmp/varnish_storage.bin,10M
Next, a little explain that what is this parameters:
- Start the Varnish daemon on foreground.
- Location on where is the configuration that execute the Varnish debug
- u and g
- User and group that execute the daemon
- Port that Varnish is listening on this new instance
- Name that called this instance of Varnish
- Format, location and max size that have the Varnish cache